Friday, August 3, 2012

Rainbows, Blondes and motorcycles

I have to share my recent extremely blonde moment with everyone. I was riding motorcycle with my husband when I spotted the most amazing rainbow I have ever seen. I tapped him on the shoulder and motioned for him to pull over and stop. Once stopped he asked what was wrong. I told him, "nothing I just want to take a picture of that amazing rainbow."
He asked "what rainbow"
Pointing to the the sky with an obvious 'duh' look (that he can't see sitting in front of me) I say "that one right there"
"I don't see a rainbow."
I ignore him and get my phone out. I take a picture and then check to make sure it came out so I can share its awesomeness with everyone on Facebook. No rainbow in the picture just clouds. I take another picture. Same result. Thinking the third time will be a charm I take another one briefly wondering at that point how there is a rainbow that big and bright without ANY rain in our area. Third picture was the same.
By this point I'm getting pissed so I get off the motorcycle and open the shield on my helmet. The rainbow disappeared. It just frickin disappeared. Put the shield back down, it comes back. This has never happened before and it is a CLEAR shield. It took my about ten times putting my shield up and down to realize it was a combination of my shield, the sun, and my new polarized sunglasses.
No I do not actually have blonde hair right now but it has been blonde in the past and now I wonder if the hair color sunk into my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment